Additional Funding Options
DWU Payment Plans
- Set up payments to come directly out of your checking or savings account.
By selecting this option, no interest will accrue on your outstanding
balance with the DWU Business Office.
- Write a check each month. By selecting this option, there will be
a 1% interest fee charged monthly on your outstanding balance.
- If you have questions regarding the payment plans, please contact
the DWU Business Office at 605-995-2693.
Federal PLUS Loan
- This is a loan that your parent may be able to borrow if you are an
eligible dependent student. We recommend if your parent is unsure whether
or not they would be approved for this loan due to their credit history
to complete the pre-approval process even if he/she does not want to
take out the Federal PLUS Loan.
- To complete the pre-approval process for the Federal PLUS Loan have
your parents go to the following website at www.dwu.edu/financialaid/plus.htm
and follow the steps. If they are unable to access this information
by internet contact the DWU Financial Aid Office.
- If your parent is approved he/she has the option to take out this
- If your parent is denied the Federal PLUS Loan, you will qualify for
additional Unsubsidized Federal Stafford Loan money. The amount received
will depend on your grade level.
- If your parent would like to borrow the Federal PLUS Loan, he/she
can do this anytime during the semester. However, we recommend that
the process be done before the semester begins. The DWU Financial Aid
Office will send your parent the instructions on completing the Federal
PLUS Loan paperwork online upon receiving notice of the pre-approval.
- Please review the PLUS vs. Alternative Student
Alternative Student Loans
- Beyond the Federal Stafford Loan(s) a student may apply for additional
loan money through private alternative student loans.
- The student may need a cosigner if you have bad credit or have NOT
established ANY credit.
- For more information regarding private alternative student loans please
go to the following website: www.dwu.edu/financialaid/altloan.htm.
If you decide you would like to apply for the alternative loans you
can choose from lenders on this website or you can search for other
lenders who participate in these types of loans.