Finding Aid: Native American
- American Indians and Alaska Natives -- The U.S. Department of the Interior's website on Native Americans.
- American Indian Tribal Directory -- List of American Indian tribes recognized by the U.S. Government provided by the American Indian Heritage Foundation.
- Bureau of Indian Affairs -- Established in 1824, BIA currently provides services (directly or through contracts, grants, or compacts) to approximately 1.9 million American Indians and Alaska Natives.
- Bureau of Indian Education -- BIE’s mission is to provide quality education opportunities from early childhood through life in accordance with a tribe’s needs for cultural and economic well-being, in keeping with the wide diversity of Indian tribes and Alaska Native villages as distinct cultural and governmental entities.
- Carlisle Indian Industrial School History -- History written by Barbara Landis.
- History and Culture: Boarding Schools -- from the American Indian Relief Council.
- History of Indian Boarding Schools
- Indian Health Service -- The mission of the IHS, in partnership with American Indian and Alaska Native people, is to raise their physical, mental, social and spiritual health to the highest level.
- Indian Peoples of the Northern Great Plains -- includes photographs, paintings, ledger drawings, documents, serigraphs, and stereographs from 1874 through the 1940's.
- Native Web -- Provides a "cyber-place" for Earth's indigenous peoples. Many links to good sites arranged by topic.
- Native American Rights Fund (NARF) -- Founded in 1970, the Native American Rights Fund (NARF) is the oldest and largest nonprofit law firm dedicated to asserting and defending the rights of Indian tribes, organizations and individuals nationwide.
- WWW Virtual Library - American Indians -- American Indians Index of Web resources. A good jump-off site divided by subject area