Computers & Web Design Resources
Databases | Videos | Online Resources
Subject Specific | General
Computers & Applied Sciences Complete (EBSCOHost) (searching tips)
Computers & Applied Sciences Complete covers the research and development spectrum of the computing and applied sciences disciplines.
Library, Information Science & Technology Abstracts (EBSCOHost) (searching tips)
Subject coverage of Library, Information Science & Technology Abstracts (LISTA) includes online information retrieval, information management, and more.
EBSCO MegaFILE (EBSCOHost)(searching tips)
EBSCO MegaFILE is a multi-disciplinary database spanning every area of academic study. It is comprised of EBSCO's Academic Search Premier, Business Source Premier and Regional Business News databases.
Access to local, regional, and national U.S. newspapers. Paid advertisementss and newswire articles are excluded. This database includes the Aberdeen American News, the Minneapolis Star Tribune, and the New York Times.
ProQuest (searching tips)
ProQuest includes general interest and scholarly articles in a variety of areas including the social sciences.
- DWU Department of Computers and Multimedia
- All Things Digital -- A Web site devoted to news, analysis and opinion on technology, the Internet and media. It is a fusion of different media styles, different topics, different formats and different sources.
- American Institute of Graphic Design (AIGD) -- AIGA's mission is to advance designing as a professional craft, strategic tool and vital cultural force.
- The Center for Creative Photography -- An archive and research center located on the University of Arizona campus.
- Codecademy -- "Codecademy is a team of hackers working hard to build a better way for anyone to teach, and learn, how to code."
- Creating Effective Poster Presentations -- Provides guidance on how to design an effective visual poster.
- Designing Media -- Online version of the book published by MIT Press.
- Digital Trends -- helps people make the most of the hi-tech lifestyle by providing sneak peeks, one-of-a-kind product reviews, editorials and technology news about trendsetting consumer products and services.
- The Encyclopedia of Educational Technology (EET) -- a collection of short multimedia articles on a variety of topics related to the fields of instructional design and education and training.
- Electronic Visualization Laboratory (EVL) -- n interdisciplinary graduate research laboratory that combines art and computer science, specializing in advanced visualization and networking technologies.
- Graphics.com -- Features news, resources, and discussion forums for the graphic design and web site creation community.
- The HTML Writers Guild
- Knight Digital Media Center -- Provides the foundation of technical skills and story-telling techniques required by New Media platforms.
- A List Apart -- A List Apart explores the design, development, and meaning of web content, with a special focus on web standards and best practices.
- Media History Project -- Promotes the study of media history from petroglyphs to pixels.
- MediaCollege.com: Audio-Visual Media Resoureces -- A free educational and resource website for all forms of electronic media..
- Multimedia: From Wagner to Virtual Reality -- Presents a history of multimedia.
- ReadWrite -- This weblog focuses on the social, economic, and technological impact of the Internet, with daily entries covering web apps, web technology trends, social networking, and social media.
- Rhizome.org -- Dedicated to the creation, presentation, preservation, and critique of emerging artistic practices that engage technology.
- Society for Cinema & Media Studies -- A professional organization of college and university educators, filmmakers, historians, critics, scholars, and others devoted to the study of the moving image.
- TechCrunch -- "a leading technology media property, dedicated to obsessively profiling startups, reviewing new Internet products, and breaking tech news."
- Typedia -- a community website to classify typefaces and educate people about them.
- U.S. Copyright Office -- Find information and updates about Copyright Law. Provides the opportunity to register a work online.
- Web Design & Review Magazine
- Web Style Guide, 3rd Edition -- An unabridged, online version of the third edition of Web Style Guide: Basic Design Principles for Creating Web Sites, by Patrick J. Lynch and Sarah Horton.
- The Webby Awards -- The leading international award honoring excellence on the Internet.