Religion & Philosophy Research Resources
Databases | Reference Books | Videos | Online Resources | Course Finding Aids
Academic Search Premier (EBSCOHost)(searching tips)
Academic Search Premier includes general interest and scholarly articles in a variety of areas including the humanities.
Provides access to scholarly journals in many humanities disciplines, including religion and philosophy. Coverage begins with volume 1 for each title. Depending on the publisher, the most recent three - five years may not be available via JSTOR.
Access to local, regional, and national U.S. newspapers. Paid advertisementss and newswire articles are excluded. This database includes the Aberdeen American News, the Minneapolis Star Tribune, and the New York Times.
ProQuest (searching tips)
ProQuest includes general interest and scholarly articles in a variety of areas including the humanities.
Encyclopedia of Islam and the Muslim World -- 2004
This encyclopedia looks at Islam's role in the modern world, doing so in the context of the religion's history and development over the last 13 centuries.
Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online
GAMEO provides reliable information on Anabaptist-related topics, including history, theology, biography, institutions and local congregations.
Melton's Encyclopedia of American Religions -- 2009
Comprehensive coverage of more than 2,300 North American religious groups in the U.S. and Canada.
World Religions Reference Library -- 2007
Covers the history, traditions and worldviews of dominant and less prominent religions and their sects and offshoots.
- Films On Demand (Select "Philosophy & Religion" under Subjects)
- God in America (2010) -- DVD 416
- Christianity: the First Thousand Years (2001) -- DVD 231
- Inside Islam (2002) -- DVD 229
Religion | Philosophy
- DWU Department of Religion & Philosophy
- American Academy of Religion (AAR) -- The world's largest association of academics who research or teach topics related to religion.
- American Religion Data Archives -- Provides free access to quality data on religion.
- The ARTFL Project: Multilingual Bibles
- BUBL Link: Religion -- An annotated catalogue of Internet resources in Religion.
- Christian Classics Ethereal Library -- A digital library of hundreds of classic Christian books.
- The Council of Societies for the Study of Religion -- a federation of learned societies founded in the early 1970s that coordinates work among scholars who study religion, past and present.
- Early Christian Writings -- Collection of documents from the first two centuries with translations and commentary.
- The Internet Sacred Text Archive -- Archive of online books about religion, mythology, folklore and the esoteric.
- Intute: Religion -- Web resources for the study of religious traditions, texts, practices, and societies.
- Islamic Heritage Project -- Harvard University has cataloged, conserved, and digitized hundreds of rare Islamic manuscripts, maps, and published texts from Harvard's renowned library and museum collections.
- The New Testament Gateway -- Browse or search annotated links on everything connected with the academic study of the New Testament and Christian Origins.
- Patristic Studies Area -- The study of the Church Fathers.
- Papal Encyclicals Online -- This award winning resource provides access to papal encyclicals and other church documents.
- Internet Christian Library -- A guide to Christian sources on the Internet.
- RAMBI - The Index of Articles on Jewish Studies -- Selective bibliography of articles in the various fields of Jewish studies.
- Religion -- Conscise information on major faiths from the BBC.
- Religious Studies Video Courses on Academic Earth
- Religion-Online.org -- More than 6,000 full text articles and chapters by recognized religious scholars.
- The RJ&L Religious Liberty Archives -- Repository of information about state and federal laws pertaining to religious freedom in the United States.
- The Saint John's Bible -- A work of art that illuminates the Word of God for a new millennium. The first handwritten, illuminated bible commissioned since the invention of the printing press.
- The Society of Biblical Literature -- The oldest and largest international scholarly membership organization in the field of biblical studies.
- The Unbound Bible -- A collection of searchable Bibles.
- United Methodist Church -- The official website of the United Methodist Church.
- Virtual Religion Index -- Analyzes & highlights important content of religion-related websites to speed research.
- Wabash Center Internet Guide to Religion -- A selective, annotated guide to a wide variety of electronic resources of interest to those who are involved in the study and practice of religion.
- Wesley Center Online -- a collection of historical and scholarly resources about the Wesleyan Tradition, theology, Christianity, and the Church of the Nazarene.
Course Finding Aids