Sports Management Research Resources
Databases | Videos | Online Resources
Business Source Premier (searching tips)
Business Source Premier is the industry's most used business research database, providing full text for more than 2,300 journals, including full text for more than 1,100 peer-reviewed titles.
CINAHL (searching tips)
CINAHL is the authoritative resource for nursing and allied health professionals, students, educators and researchers. This database provides indexing for 2,928 journals from the fields of nursing and allied health. The database contains more than 1,000,000 records dating back to 1981.
ERIC (searching tips)
ERIC is the primary database for educational research, and consists of two subsets: Journals in Education (EJ) and Eric Documents (ED).
Health Business Full-Text
Health Business Full-Text provides full text from more than 480 journals. Health Business Elite provides comprehensive journal content detailing all aspects of health care administration and other non-clinical aspects of health care institution management.
Physical Education Index
Articles and abstracts from 1970- covering physical fitness, health and sports medicine.
- Films On Demand (Select "Business & Economics" or "Health & Medicine" under Subjects)
- DWU Department of Sports Management
- The American Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance (AAHPERD) -- The largest organization of professionals supporting and assisting those involved in physical education, leisure, fitness, dance, health promotion, and education and all specialties related to achieving a healthy lifestyle.
- Baseball Archive -- Statistics from the world of baseball, including salaries and player statistics.
- LA84 Foundation Digital Archive -- Comprehensive digital collection of journals, books and resources about the Olympics.
- National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics -- Promote the education and development of students through intercollegiate athletic participation.
- National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) -- A wealth of information on collegiate athletics.
- North American Society for Sport Management (NASSM) -- Working to promote, stimulate, and encourage study, research, scholarly writing, and professional development in the area of sport management.
- Revenues From Sports Venues -- "The most complete data available on how stadiums and arenas make money."
- Sport and Recreation Law Association -- Working to further the study and dissemination of information regarding legal aspects of sport and recreation.
- SportBusiness International -- A leading supplier of information, media and B2B marketing services to the sports industry.
- Sports Business Data -- Rodney Fort's Sports Economics/Sports Business Data covering MLB, NBA, NFL and NHL statistics, including statistics on attendance, salaries, ticket prices and TV revenues.
- The Sports Economist -- Blog providing economic commentary on sports and society
- The Sports Lawyers Association (SLA) -- A non-profit, international, professional organization whose common goal is the understanding, advancement and ethical practice of sports law.
- SportsEconomics™ -- Provides access to information related to sports and economics.
- Stadium Managers Association -- Promotes the professional, efficient and state-of-the-art management of stadiums around the world.
- The Women's Sports Foundation -- The leading authority on the participation of women and girls in sports.