Apply Online | Campus E-mail

Registrar HOME

Academic Calendar
Academic Catalog
Course Schedules
Graduation Application
Graduatiion Checklists

Transcript Requests


Transcript Requests

An official transcript is a copy of students' academic work printed on transcript paper with the Registrar's signature and the University?s seal. Official transcripts are typically sent directly from the Registrar's Office to another institution or company. Unofficial transcripts are printed on plain paper and do not have the Registrar's signature or the University?s seal. We consider a faxed transcript unofficial. Transcript requests will not be processed if the student has a Business Office hold. If you have any questions about how a transcript should be delivered, you should check with the receiving institution or company.

To Request a Transcript:
1. Written Requests
  A request for official and unofficial transcripts must be in writing and bear the handwritten signature of the student, as required by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974. Therefore, we cannot honor email requests, phone requests, or any request with an electronic signature. Transcript processing times vary based on the number of requests received daily.  There is no charge for normal processing.
  To send a written request:
Use this form
Send a written request to the Registrar's office with the following information:
  • Full name (if applicable, include maiden or previous names);
  • Last year of attendance (estimates are acceptable);
  • DWU student ID number if known;
  • Birth date;
  • Social security number is not required, but is requested to verify your record;
  • Address where you would like transcript mailed & number of copies, up to 5 per request;
  • Date of the request; and
  • Hand written signature.


Electronic Request:


Dakota Wesleyan University has partnered with SCRIP-SAFE, a secure website, to provide access to an online transcript ordering system. Students will have access to detailed tracking of the transcript request. There is a nominal fee for this service.

  To place an electronic request:
  • Current DWU Students – log into TigerNet, choose the Advising tab at the top and then the Grades and Transcripts tab on the left.  Within the page choose the link under the DWU Electronic Transcripts section.  Follow the step-by step instructions provided by Scrip-Safe.
  • Past DWU students – click on https://iwantmytranscript.com/dwu  
    • If you already have an account created, log-in and follow the instructions. 
    • If you do not have an account, click on “sign up” and follow the step-by-step instructions.


Dakota Wesleyan University
1200 W. University Ave
Mitchell, SD 57301
Copyright © DWU
Contact webmaster
Last updated: 3/18/13