Dakota Wesleyan University commemorates the past while investing in the future
2011 marked the 100th anniversary of Hughes Science Hall, the second oldest building on Dakota Wesleyan’s campus. A century’s worth of science and healthcare graduates walked those halls and now, following the commemoration of its history, DWU announces an investment in the future.
Dakota Wesleyan broke ground on Sept. 30, 2011, on the Glenda K. Corrigan Health Sciences Center – a four-story, 48,000-square-foot building that will contain chemistry, biology and physics labs; two undergraduate research labs equipped with state-of-the-art equipment for student use; four nursing simulation labs; classrooms for nursing, athletic training, the sciences and mathematics; and faculty offices.
It is with the generous gifts from alumni Paul ’50 and Donna Christen ’51, Huron, and Glenda ’64 and Fritz Corrigan, Edina, Minn., as well as donations from alumni and friends that will make this project possible.
In The News
|Dakota Wesleyan University
1200 W. University Ave
Mitchell, SD 57301
Copyright © DWU
Last updated: 12/15/11