TRiO Student Support Services offers free peer tutoring to all TRiO participants. TRiO Peer Tutors are trained through College Reading & Learning Association (CRLA) guidelines and tutor individuals or small groups of up to four learners.
Front row: Leah Miiller, Stephanie Teel, Breanna Clark
Back row: Tyler Sarringar, Leah Wienbar, Christen Hildebrandt
Tutoring is offered to help students improve their class grades and to become active, independent learners. Study skills are emphasized while tutors help learners with their class material.
Spring 2013 Peer Tutor List
is available for TRiO Eligible students in the following classes:
||Principles of Biology II
||Anatomy & Physiology II
||Intro to Business
||Survey of Accounting
||Con/Prac of Manage
||University Chemistry II
||Princ Macro Econ
||World History II
||US History II
||Math for Liberal Arts
|| Physical Science
|| US Government
|| General Psychology
||Intro to Sociolog
To request a tutor stop in the TRiO office, McGovern Library, second floor.
If you are seeking assistance in a course that is not listed, please contact the Tutor Coordinator. If there is not a tutor available it is recommended that you consult your professor’s office hours.
Request for Tutoring Form
Creative Calculus: Tutors use games and
creative activities to help
students reinforce concepts introduced in class.
- Learners are required to meet with their tutors at least twice a week.
- Learners may be assigned to a small group tutoring session for up to four students.
- Learners are required to contact their tutors if they cannot make their scheduled session at least 12 hours in advance. If a tutoring session must be rescheduled, the learner or tutor must contact the other via exchanged contact information.
- Learners are allowed to miss two sessions. At the third missed session, the learner will be required to meet with the Tutor Coordinator to determine if tutoring for that class will continue.
- Learners are required to sign in and out at each session for record keeping purposes.
- Learners are required to attend all classes! Tutoring is not a substitute for attending class lectures, labs or review sessions.
- Learners are required to check their DWU email account daily and their DWU mailboxes regularly to receive updates from their tutor and the Tutor Coordinator.
- Learners are required to be prepared for every tutoring session. This includes bringing all notes, the text, handouts, and homework assigned by the tutor to each session. Tutors reserve the right to ask an unprepared student to leave the session.
- Tutors will not complete a tutee?s homework assignment for them, so attend each session with homework already attempted. This will let the tutor know which direction to take the tutoring session.
*If a tutoring session must be rescheduled, the tutee or tutor must contact
the other via exchanged contact information or contact Tutor Coordinator,
Donna Dunn at 995-2904.
TRiO Peer Tutor Contact
Tutors will fill out an online contact form after every tutoring session. Click the following link to fill out a contact form.