The Wagner Chapel is named for Drs. Robert '36 and Frances Blessing Wagner '38, alumni who have inspired others through their servant leadership and Christian commitment. Married in 1939, the Wagners have faithfully served churches in South Dakota and England throughout Robert's distinguished career as a United Methodist pastor.
Demonstrating extraordinary devotion to Wesleyan, Robert had twice stepped forward to provide leadership at critical moments in the college's history – first by leading the successful campaign to rebuild College Hall after the 1955 fire, and then by serving as interim president for three months in 1971. Frances had likewise served the university on the Board of Trustees and in other noteworthy ways; she remains an honorary trustee to this day.
The Wagner Chapel Stained Glass Windows
In recognition of those generously contributing to the windows:
|Dakota Wesleyan University
1200 W. University Ave
Mitchell, SD 57301
Copyright © DWU
Last updated: 11/11/11