Digital Application for Admission
All fields marked with a * are required fields.
Program of Interest*
I am applying for admission to DWU as a*
I am applying for the following entry point*
Former last name(s) if any
Email Address (verify)*
Current Mailing Address
Cell Phone Number
You need to complete the International Application for Admissions
(Even if you are considering a graduate program at DWU).
You can find this form here
Country of Citizenship*
Country of Birth*
To apply for admission to Dakota Wesleyan University as an international student (F-1 status), you must submit:
- This application for admission. A nonrefundable application fee of $25 U.S. dollars mailed to Dakota Wesleyan University, Admissions Office, 1200 West University Avenue, Mitchell, SD 57301 U.S.A.
- Official academic records from all secondary schools and postsecondary education.Official transcripts from all international secondary and post-secondary institutions must be evaluated, course by course, by the American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admission Officers (AACRAO), Education Credential Evaluators (ECE) or World Education Services (WES) before your official acceptance for admission. It is your responsibility to complete and pay for the application process.
- Proof of English profiency
||For international students whose native language is not English, you must verify English proficiency by:
||taking the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). Submit the official TOEFL examination scores to Dakota Wesleyan University (School Code 6155). You must score at least 500 (paper-based), 200 (computer-based) or 71 (internet-based).
||taking the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) examination. You must score a 7 or higher on this test.
||For students whose native language is English, either the American College Test (ACT) or the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) examination is required. Acceptable scores are 18 composite for the ACT or 860 (critical reading plus math) for the SAT.
- As proof of financial support, we will require three months of original bank statements in English from a current checking or savings account from which the students educational and living expenses will be paid. A family’s bank or financial sponsor’s bank must provide these bank statements. If a student has a financial sponsor (someone who guarantees the financial support for the student during his studies at DWU), a letter or affidavit of support must accompany the financial statements.
- A completed Dakota Wesleyan University Student Physical Form and copy of immunization records showing proof of two MMR vaccines (measles, mumps and rubella). The Dakota Wesleyan University Student Physical Form can be found at www.dwu.edu/campuslife/health/student_physical_form.pdf.
The following items are optional. No Information you provide will be used in a discriminatory manner.
Social Security Number
Are you a U.S. Armed Services veteran?
Are you Hispanic or Latino?
Regardless of your answer to prior questions, select one or more of the following ethnicities that best describe you
High School Attended
Year of Graduation
If you've received a GED, list date (mm/dd/yyyy)
Most Recent Colleges Attended
Name of College
Name of College
Name of College
RN-BS In Nursing
RN License Number
Expiration Date (mm/dd/yyyy)
Full name as it appears on license
State license issued from
How did you learn about us?
What other colleges or universities are you considering?
What factors will be most important in your college decision?
Describe any special circumstances and/or concerns which you believe should be considered in connection with your application for admission.
Do you intend on appplying for Federal Students Aid (FASFA)?*
Have you ever been convicted of a misdemeanor, felony, or other crime?*
If you answered yes to the above question, please explain and give approximate date of each incident and explain the circumstances.
I certify that all information in my application is my own work, factually true, and honestly presented. I understand the omission or misrepresentation of any information including enrollment in other colleges or universities is sufficient grounds for canceling my admission or registration.*
The university reserves the right to deny admission or continued enrollment to any student who imposes an unreasonable risk of harm to the health, safety, welfare or property of the university, members of the university community or him/herself.
Dakota Wesleyan University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association, 30 North LaSalle Street, Suite 2400, Chicago, IL 60602, (312)263-0456, www.ncahlc.org, South Dakota Department of Education, South Dakota Board of Nursing, National League for Nursing, United Methodist University Senate, and Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education. The university is approved by the state of South Dakota on the basis of the National Association of State Directors of Teacher Education Certification (NASDTEC) standards.